Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cultural Shocks

yap I experienced more and more here in Para.

I went to a funeral of a 29 year's old lady. First time see Brazil people hugging in a sad emotion.
She is the daughter of my host father's girlfriend. Pray for her. I don't know what to do without knowing what to say. But sometimes people with understand you with just watching your eyes.
At that moment, I just thought I am really becoming into the family.

The next morning I woke up early like at 6:30am, and went to the beach nearby. And I see the river again. I walked and walked and take beautiful photos, I normally won't take that much of photos for just beach. But this time is different, it's by the RIVER. with beautiful sky. just love it.
And my friend asked if I want to swim, I said I have no swimsuit...and he just said, "come on" I then took off my t-shirt and jump into the water! I never did that before I think, as a Capricorn it's just too emotional and improvise! But I do think I am not a typical Capricorn anymore....

and then I visited my other friend, she is an artist lady, do a lot of small interesting toys and puppets. And I found that she lives in that very basic house in the rural area. Like walls and beds and very very basic furniture.
And again I can see how the mental life is important here in Brazil.

But Hammock is a must in everyone's house here in Para (even the boats to Manaus (the biggest city in the Amazonia State) via River Amazon), no matter how empty your house is!

on the way back home I found a big pieces of area of Mimosa. In HK, I can say it's almost gone even in New Territories, I saw a big pieces only when I was a child.

In the Amazon Region, it rains all the time with good Sun, that make all the plants and tree growth up very very fast. There are trees, especially mango trees everywhere in the city Belem (that's also because the government policy before), People sometimes just pick up the mangoes from the ground, wash it and eat! and it feeds many people I can say. Normally 3 months here, you can see a small tree becomes big trees with mangoes!! In other part of Brazil might take a year?

Finally I stayed in the city and real working hard with the team.
But with the great Caipirinha I can be alive again!! haha, just a very good local cocktails here. It's just too famous here except beer!

should put some good photos on too...a bit later.

No comments: