Thursday, March 04, 2010

Life in Brazil


Left home 20 days, technically is 3 weeks including the time different.


I saw the different world from the 2 cities.


A tourist city – Rio de Janeiro

And a River City – BelĂ©m


I am not a Carnival person, but I do understand the people in Rio, why parties all the time, even it’s very hot day and night with no air-con.


The “City-blood”, people just love it. From 7am till 5am, yes I typed it right.


Belem is a place to be explored, I am not living in the city, I am here in a poor area, (actually even in a city of Brazil, there are poor Favela areas)


Portuguese class, riding bicycle in the street with many cars/bus, got lost and in heavy rain (here raining all year!!) and ask people the direction with my dictionary, borrow phone from the lady of petrol station to call my friend, trying beer with local, first time of local food/fruit, meet local family's house, see the big river, local market, learning how to eat like an adult, got bitten by mosquitoes a lot in my feet and body that made me can’t sleep for 3 nites, sleeping on the "hanging bed", how to be a friend with people, just simply walk on the same distant/level (not front and back!) Just…too many things to learn.


The night before I went to a half open party space…with DJ and BBQ man and beer serving guys

There was a birthday party, Wagner and I went there at about 10pm, the party was just not started yet…and people came and came, and I found that it’s a party for a 65 years old lady….and lots of children and adults are start celebrating this old lady’s in the midnight, everyone, dancing and drinking beer, having local food…it’s just too enjoyable to be there…even I can understand almost nothing Portuguese from what the people said to the old lady, it’s full of blessing! Beleza!

I like this place so far. I tried just too much local food that I can’t even remember all Nome.


I miss my Cappuccino.

No comments: