Friday, June 25, 2010

in the van

The first 2 months when I arrived here, I can't really go anywhere myself. I used my bike most of the time.
Because I don't speak the language and I don't know where exactly I am...

Now I can survive here much better. 

Brazil drew the game with Portugal this morning, when I took the van myself today, when it passed by the 5th street (Quintar Rua), I saw a big Show Bus with a band and hundreds of people gathering in this small area in the street and celebrated the winning of Brazil Team. 

I worked hard in the afternoon (I think I work hard....) But today is just not productive...and I rejected my host's invitation to the island today...

Go back home by the van myself, at the beginning I saw a big group of young people, girls wear normal but all the boys dressed like women!!! haha, they are crazy! 

And then an old woman went up to the van, I offered my seat to her and said "sentar aqui por favor". 
All the people in the van looked at me because they discovered this Chinese man spoke strange Portuguese and stand up into the very small van with a big backpack...but I am happy, people smiled at me because I did that.

I left the van and walked into the feira (market) before I went home, I went to buy the "batata frita" (fries) from a snack cart. The young seller talked to the other boy about World Cup, like why the player can't play the game, etc. He asked me, today is Friday, right? I said yes. They are thinking when will Brazil play the next game I believe. 

Everywhere is yellow and green. People's dress (I saw many little kids/babies), the street with all the flags and decoration. 
World Cup/ Soccer is really in the blood of the Brazilians. 

No comments: